Friday, April 21, 2017

Colour Dare 240 - The Weird Birds

Well, I am facing a time crunch as I have been fighting off the flu for what seems like forever... it comes and it goes and I haven't felt like doing any creating at all for the last couple of weeks. Now my creative team requirements are catching up to me. I was way ahead, but not any longer. 

The colours this week for Colour Dare are those from the Some Kinda Wonderful Paper Pack - there are several so we are suggesting that you use a minimum of 4 of them but you can certainly use more if you wish. They are: Glacier Lemon, Pacifica, Raspberry, Willow, Whisper, Black and White Daisy. That's quite a list! 

This idea is actually one that I saw a while ago but I can't remember where or whose it was so my sincere apologies to whoever came up with the original, very cute idea. I loved the thought of the birds being different and the saying that went with it! I chose to use a few papers from the Some Kinda Wonderful paper pack - and black as an outline. ShinHan Markers were used to colour in the birds. 

I am also adding this card to the Three Amigos Challenge - they have a challenge going during the month of April so if you happen to be creating using the Some Kinda Wonderful Paper Pack, be sure to enter your project into that challenge as well. 



Join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the Some Kinda Wonderful colour palette (minimum of 4 of the colours shown). You have until Thursday at 10pm EST to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Some Kinda Wonderful Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Lemon Cardstock
Inks: Black Pigment Ink, Black
Stamps: Some Kinda Wonderful - Cardmaking, Silly Sayings
Accessories: Cricut Shapes, Artistry Cartridge, ShinHan Markers, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Journaling Pen, Black and White Dots, Some Kinda Wonderful Cardmaking Thin Cuts

Enjoy, 
Alyson






5 comments:

  1. Very bright and pretty card and love the chicks on the tightrope...adorable and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo and design! Those birds are one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing with us at the Three Amigos Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is adorable!! Love these birds and love how you've positioned them. Perfect with the sentiment. And love how bright it is! Thanks for the mention and so happy you're playing along with us over at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your silly little birds! Your colors are so nice and bright. Very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, Alyson! I love your use of vibrant colors and the witty weird birds. What a fun card1
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)