Friday, April 7, 2017

Colour Dare 238 - Just for You: Masked Roses

This week at Colour Dare, the challenge is to use White Daisy, Willow and Peacock (ALL and ONLY). 

Using just three colours is tough... With one colour being the background - usually white - that leaves just two colours to create the remainder of the card. In this case, I decided to use the adjustment of stamping the sentiment in black, which is allowed. Otherwise, I would have had to stamp the sentiment in one of the two other colours and it would have been lost...

This required a lot of masking - not just the sentiment panel across the top third of the card but all the flowers and much of the greenery as well. I don't mind doing it at all - it is just time consuming. Fortunately, these images are straightforward to cut out - some I have done are not nearly as easy! 



Join us at Colour Dare and be sure to use ALL and ONLY the colours shown above. If you don't have the Close To My Heart colours, use colours as close as you can. 
The challenge ends Thursday, April 13 at 10pm EST so be sure to have your project linked up by that time! 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Willow Cardstock
Stamps: Dreamin' Big - Cardmaking, Hello Lovely - Scrapbooking
Inks: Peacock, Willow, Black
Accessories: Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson


5 comments:

  1. Wow, you can see how much thought and work you have put into this card. It looks amazing, I would have never thought of masking the sentiment, great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! Love the colors of your flowers. I need to practice my layering. Sounds like a good project for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your masked blue roses are really gorgeous! I love how you stamped a greeting to look like ribbon across the top. Thanks for inspiring me again this week!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)