Monday, April 10, 2017

Heart 2 Heart - Whimsy-cal

The theme this week at Heart 2 Heart is Whimsy-cal. There is a reason for spelling the title the way it is... Whimsy is the name of one of the paper collections at Close To my Heart. One could also interpret whimsical in a variety of ways... That is left up to the participant of the challenge. 

I chose to use the Whimsy paper collection. That collection contains soft, pastel-like colours. 

The card that I made is based on an old sketch that I have kept for quite some time. The wreath is from one of the Close To My Heart stamp and die cut combinations. I coloured the leaves using two ShinHan markers. The tiny flowers were actually cut on the Cricut - sized at 1/4"... The embossed card stock was sanded as I wanted the white core of the cardstock to stand out. 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your Whimsy-cal creation. You have until the end of April to link up this challenge or any of the April challenges. 
Be sure to use at least some Close to My Heart products in your project. 

Products used are Close to My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Whimsy Fundamentals, White Daisy Cardstock, Juniper Cardstock
Stamps: Wreath, Say it All (ret.)
Inks: Juniper, Versamark 
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Flower Market Cartridge, Wreath Thin Cut, Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Sanding Kit, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Whimsy Ribbon Collection, ShinHan Markers, Bitty Sparkles, Sharpie Marker (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson


SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Great card, especially those cute tiny flowers! Thank you for including the size you used to cut them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath with the little tiny flowers, can't wait until I get that thin-cut special they had at CTMH. oh wait I forgot I already got it...buried in my stash already and haven't even used it yet...gotta use it. Pink and green look so well together, great whimsy choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful wreath card, Alyson! I especially like the embossed area, and how it connects magically to your wreath and the pretty sentiment! The design is marvelous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)