Monday, April 17, 2017

Atlantic Hearts 208 - Sending you Hugs

It's an interesting sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts. There are so many possibilities with this type of sketch... any sketch can be rotated but this one lends itself to many interpretations of those ovals. 

I chose to use a wreath. The original wreath was a circular shape but the wonderful benefits of Cricut Design Space allowed me to alter it into an oval shape which I actually wanted so I could place the tulips inside and still have a bit of room for the stems below. I just happened to find a wreath on the Flower Market cartridge that was created using tulip leaves - how lucky was that??

These tulips are from a gorgeous stamp set from Altenew simply called Tulips. I love that it is a triple stamp set - with images that create so much depth in the flowers simply by stamping. 

I chose to use a border with cut-out sections and and some retired ribbon. Since the ribbon is thick, to avoid actual tying a bow and ending up with a lot of bulk, I formed a bow shape and used glue dots to hold the ribbon together and then wrapped a piece of ribbon around that to hold my bow together. Less bulk and a pretty bow! 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Dreamin' Big Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Juniper Cardstock, Saffron Cardstock
Stamps: Tulip (not CTMH)
Inks: Black, Lemon, Saffron, Juniper
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Artbooking Cartridge, Tulip Dies (not CTMH), Juniper Ribbon (not CTMH), Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy, 
Alyson




2 comments:

  1. This caught my eye... beautiful! The tulips and wreath actually look a lot like California poppies😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful color combination, the sign of spring back east...quite a find on The Flower Market cartridge for your tulip leave wreath. Don't see many tulips planted out here; but our cacti flowers are blooming good but most flowers only last a day. I wonder whether they would live longer if I picked them off...I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)