Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hello Beautiful...

I love this card... I don't usually start a blog post by saying that but I really like how this turned out.

This is for a special friend and it is actually a birthday card. I recent purchased a set of stamps from Altenew and they are tulip stamps (it also comes with a set of dies). They are quite difficult to stamp as they are triple stamping stamps. I had to PRACTICE a lot and am still learning the exact placement of some of them. I found this idea on Pinterest (Susi Kelly) and altered it a bit for what I wanted. I love how the tulips and leaves have so much dimension.

The word BEAUTIFUL was stamped over three layers of cardstock already adhered down so a thin black marker helped to fill in the small gaps that were left open. I didn't actually stitch in the holes but left them open for the effect.

I hope my friend loves this card as much as I do. The inside is finished as well in the same style.


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock
Stamps: Tulips (not CTMH), Beloved Bouquet (ret.), Journaling Prompts, Live, Laugh, Love (ret.)
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Blossom, Raspberry, Fern, New England Ivy
Accessories: Tulip Dies (not CTMH), Stitch Guide, Piercing Tool, Foam Tape, Journaling Pen

Enjoy,
Alyson



4 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL card ~ and I actually got to see this in person since she made it for ME !!!!! It is even more stunning to see the actual card. The only thing nicer that this card is the person who made it. Thanks so much Alyson for sharing your talent with me and even more for being my friend. I am so blessed to have you in my life. Can't wait to see you again soon <3 Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, your comment reduced me to tears. I'm so glad you loved this card but more than that, I am so fortunate to be able to call you my friend. Thank you for all that you do! You are truly a gift to all who are lucky enough to be blessed with your friendship.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card. I can see how tricky it would be to line up the stamps just right, but what a lovely result in the end. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulips the sign of spring...love the way you stamped the background and layered the tulips...beautiful card. As info I had watched a video but don't remember whose it was; but using Misti stamp your first stamp, then take a piece of vellum and stamp the second and place the vellum over the first stamp, place it so it covers correctly, then place your stamp over it in that position on the misti, stamp on vellum to make sure that's what you want, and if so then take out velllum and do the second stamp over the first. And same for third stamp. I haven't tried it; but it worked well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)