Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Importance of Supporting Others...

Life is all about supporting others. 

Last year's Close To My Heart campaign about acts of kindness -  random or not - really struck a chord with me. At the beginning of this calendar year at my church, each of us was invited to pick a star with a word printed on it and we have been asked to try and live out that word for the remainder of the year. I am not going to share what my word is but I am doing my best to live out that word. 

Below are two cards that I have created this past week that are being sent to people in my life who I feel really need a lift for one reason or another.

Having had so many obligations myself recently, most of them medical-related, I am struggling to keep up with my own creative endeavours and I wish I could claim these as my own designs, but I cannot. I simply put my own spin on the original. Both were found on Pinterest. 

The first card was designed by Jan Brown.


This card was designed by Lisa Pretto.


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Raspberry  Cardstock, Sea Glass Cardstock
Stamps: Smiles (ret.), Paper Bird (ret.) 
Inks: Raspberry, Sea Glass
Accessories: Artistry Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Scalloped Embossing Folder (ret.), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (ret.). Flourish Dies (not CTMH), Twine (ret.), Wood Button (ret.), Pearls (ret.), Pink Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson







3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Alyson. That is very thoughtful of you to always be thinking of others. I am sure you have put some much needed sunshine and love in their lives. Take care, and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are super pretty! Loving the pink and white one. I am a new follower. Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)