Friday, August 22, 2014

Thrive Operation Smile Auction - Item #2 - Christmas Centerpiece and 12 Napkin Rings

FINALLY, my second item for the Operation Smile Auction at our upcoming Thrive and Survive Event is complete! It took me a while to do because I had to search high and low to find the last Base and Bling Cuff to complete a set of 12 napkin rings. You have no idea how hard it is to locate these once they have been retired! I finally found someone in Washington State who had one and I had to pay dearly to get it shipped to me in time... but it finally arrived and now the auction item is complete.

So, below you will see a set of 12 napkin rings and a centerpiece for Christmas. I used the Yuletide Carol Paper Pack to create these. The only other items I used were home decor items that are readily available and easy to get (I will show you that below the artwork). 

This is a view of all the pieces together. I put 4 of the napkin rings around actual napkins to give you a better idea of how they look. Someone who knows how to fold napkins in creative ways could do really neat things with this, I'm sure! 

I took this picture looking down a little bit, just to give a better idea overall. 

This is a picture of the centerpiece. It is very simple - it is decorated on the backside as well but I didn't photograph that. You can see inside here. I didn't want to use a candle for safety reasons with the moss in there. The flashlight provides a LOT of light!

This is a close-up of one of the napkin rinks. I tried to stand it up using my camera case. 

The products used are listed below. I have shown the Close To My Heart products first and then in a separate listing, I have shown the products I used for the other parts of this project and where I bought them. 

Close To My Heart products: 

Paper: Yuletide Carol Paper Pack, Ruby Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock
Stamps: None
Inks: Ruby, New England Ivy
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artiste Cartridge, ShinHan Marker (Sap Green), Clear Sparkles, Base and Bling Cuffs (ret.)

Other Supplies: 
Spanish Moss (Gardening Store)
Clear Vase (Ikea)
Small Mixed Rocks (Dollar Store)
Round Flashlight (Dollar Store)
Cashmere Coloured Napkins (Walmart)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)