Monday, August 18, 2014

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #69 - Happy Birthday Card

The challenge this week at Atlantic Hearts is a sketch that I love - the tree or plant on one side and a sentiment on the opposite side. I immediately thought of a tree and went in search of that tree on one of the Cricut cartridges. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I created one using a tree base and some branches from the Art Philosophy Cartridge. More details about the card are below the sketch and the photo.


The woodgrain embossing folder gave me the background I was looking for. I decided not to use any patterned paper for this card and to stick with just cardstock. The Holiday Tags stamp set gave me the chance to stamp a background and then the sentiment I wanted inside. A few small embellishments later and this card came together very easily. It also gave me a chance to create a card needed for a friend's birthday next week!

Be sure to come and play along with Atlantic Hearts this week - the sketches are terrific! 

Products used are all Close To My Heart:

Paper: Juniper Cardstock, Cocoa Cardstock, Cashmere Cardstock
Stamps: Holiday Tags
Inks: Cocoa, Juniper
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artiste Cartridge, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Neutral Metallic Baker's Twine, ShinHan Marker, Brown and Tan Sparkles, Gold Sequins

Enjoy, 
Alyson

7 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

Really like the finished product, this card is just lovely.

Linda Norman said...

I like the embossing! It is a simple and cute card, I am sure your friend will love it!

Unknown said...

Love your tree, it's beautiful. Great work!

Unknown said...

This is lovely!

Lauren said...

Love the background embossing, and those colours together are wonderful!

Wendy Coffman said...

I love that you skipped the B&T, and that little black bird is adorable!

Brandi said...

I love this card, so pretty!