Monday, August 11, 2014

Pinterest-Inspired Card... Reinkers with Flourish!

The card below was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest recently. I loved the concept but when I found the details for the card, I found out that it had been created using a STAMP that looked like a paint swirl... how disappointing! I thought I could do one better and make the same idea myself so I decided to try it out! 

I decided to use reinkers without adding anything else - just the ink from the reinkers alone. I started out using a paintbrush and that didn't give me the effect I was looking for so I then tried a couple of different brushes but still wasn't getting the right effect. Finally, I used some old edge brushes - just little brushes that I used to use to add colour to the edges of my cardstock. They were perfect but I had to brush off quite a bit of the ink first before putting them to the paper. It took a while for the ink to dry completely and then I used Black Staz-On ink to stamp the flourish... major disaster. It lifted a lot of the ink right off the page and only gave me a very light ink impression. Before totally giving up and starting all over, I decided to try restamping the flourish using Black Pigment Ink and that was much more successful. The ink held and didn't lift the reinker off the page! 

So, here is the final product. The original site where I found the card is stampingwithsandi.com if you want to check it out. If you search under "Works of Art" (SU), that is the name of the stamp set that she used to create the original card. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock
Stamps: Your Own Kind of Wonderful, Love Life, Have a Happy Day
Inks: Black Pigment Ink, Lagoon Pigment Ink, Reinkers - Glacier, Crystal Blue, Lagoon, Cotton Candy
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Foam Tape, Clear Sparkles

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)