Sunday, January 31, 2021

Trillium Slimline - Craft Roulette

Friday marked another episode of Craft Roulette and the parameters this week were as follows: 

    - slimline card, black and white plus one other colour, a bouquet and dry embossing 

I had to think about how I was going to add flowers with just one colour - the leaves and the flowers presented a problem. I decided to use trilliums and although their leaves are green, for this purpose, they are black :) 

I cut several trilliums on my Cricut and adhered the pieces together. Since the centre of trilliums (Ontario's provincial flower) are yellow, that was my added colour. I embossed the background piece with a woodgrain embossing folder and then layered the flowers on the left side. I die cut a sentiment from white cardstock three times and stacked it. The centres of the flowers were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. 


Craft Roulette is every Friday 7:30pm ET at on Facebook or you can catch the reply on You Tube. It's always a fun challenge! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, White Slimline Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps: none

Inks: none

Accessories: Flower Market Cricut Collection, For Someone Special Die (Creative Expressions), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (SU), Clear Shimmer Brush, Black and White Dots

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. You've solved the problem brilliantly by adding black leaves Alyson! It really makes the flowers pop. Yellow was a great choice for teaming with the black and white too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)