Saturday, January 2, 2021

Kind Soul Half Front Card

I love playing with floral stamps - they are definitely one of my favourite types of stamps. 

This one is from W Plus 9 and has been out for quite a while. It is long enough that it completely crosses a standard size card (5 1/2") with parts of the image still hanging over the edge. I stamped and coloured the image and then die cit it. The card base opens from the left side. I cut away slightly more than half of the front panel so I could adhere the floral die cut there instead. The background was inked using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink and I lightly splattered it with the Clear Shimmer Brush. A few Bitty Sparkles were added as well. The flower centres are all gems that have been coloured to go with the flowers. The sections around the floral centres were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock 

Stamps: Kind Soul (W Plus 9)

Inks: Intense Black, Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink (not CTMH)

Accessories: Kind Soul Die (W Plus 9), Tri-Blend Markers, Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Bitty Sparkles, Clear Shimmer Brush 

Enjoy,

Alyson

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card. Love all the little details, and great job on the ink-blended background. It's one of my new-to-me favorite techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyson! Beginning to het used to my neck brace and cane, getting back on my blog visiting as much as I can so came by to catch up! All lovely cards, I really like the cutaway panel and how you designed that on this card. I sent you out some happy mail on Dec. 26 and that's 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Hoping you get it soon. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool design, Alyson! I love how the half-and-half style and the gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)