Sunday, June 14, 2020

Lattice Folds Cards with a Magnet Component

Lattice folds always look so pretty and I really like the one below. Adding patterned paper underneath added a whole new look.

The first card was created using the Stitched Together paper pack and some brightly coloured cardstock. One of the benefits (most of the time) with Close To My Heart cardstock is that a lighter colour is on the reverse so each paper really has two shades. I used the front and the reverse of the cardstock to get varying shades for my flower. 

The flower was assembled and a button was threaded with some thin ribbon and added to the centre. I also brushed the button with the Clear Shimmer Brush. The neat thing about this card is that the entire flower is removable as it is attached with a magnet. The flower can then be attached to the fridge or any other magnetic surface. I have shown that in detail on the second card. 


This card was created for the birthday of a friend of mine. The paper pack goes way back... Blossom. I  used the coordinating stamp set to stamp and fussy cut several flowers and leaves. They were added both to the shaker on the front and inside the card. The shaker contains two colours of sequins as well as tiny silver stars. I stamped a background on the inside shaker piece along with the sentiment.
The magnet is under the top layer of paper on the front of the card and there is as second magnet under the shaker. Tiny magnets can be very strong, as are these ones! 

On the inside of the card, I stamped several sections of dots and the flower sand then added a drawn line to connect those images. Some additional flowers and leaves were added here as well, leaving plenty of room to write a message. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Stitched Together Paper Pack, Blossom Paper Pack, French Vanilla Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Green Apple Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Peach Cardstock, Lemonade Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Smoothie Cardstock
Stamps: Floral Celebration, Shower Flowers, Sentiment Collection (PB), Strokes of an Artist, Celebrating You, Card Captions
Inks: Sapphire, Lagoon, Glacier, Smoothie, Sweet Leaf, Sorbet
Accessories: Circuit Flower Market, Cricut Basic Shapes, Shaker Window and Thin Cuts, Shaker Foam and Acetate, White and Gold Skinny Ribbon, Wood Buttons, Blue and Green Sequins (not CTMH), Silver Star Confetti, Sharpie Marker, Black Marker, Clear Shimmer Brush, Magnets (not CTMH)

Enjoy,
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are both AMAZING! I like how you have a removable magnet included, so it's a gift in a card! Really loving the lattice fold too - I think I only tried this once but I should really give it another try as it's so eye-catching; thanks for inspiring! Gorgeous colours on both cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)