Monday, June 8, 2020

Atlantic Hearts 372 - Paper Pieced Globe


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #372! 


The images on a sketch are there more to mark the location than to be used exactly (the car and road images on this sketch, for example). I used a globe image on my card. 

I have done paper piecing before - but not like this! I can honestly say that I won't attempt this again. The piecing of the locations in the globe took me well over 2 hours to complete. To put it in perspective, the globe circle is approx. 1.75 " across so that gives you an idea of the size of some of those pieces! However, I love the way it turned out. 

Two stitched rectangle frames were cut and the smaller one was placed under the edge of the larger one. I stamped a few clouds (some are on the inside of the card), coloured them with a light grey marker to add some dimension and placed them under and over the sentiment. The sentiment was mounted with thin foam tape as was the globe. Finally I added a few green enamel dots. 





Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Blue Skies Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Green Apple Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Beautiful Day, Aurora Cardmaking Workshop 
Inks: Sapphire, Green Apple
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Aurora Cardmaking Workshop Thin Cuts, Beautiful Day Thin Cuts, Holly Jolly Dots, Tri-Blend Marker, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. Alyson, this is a gorgeous card and you did a fab job on it. I hear you completely about those lil bits. I bought an MFT quilt die that I'm dying to use but all the bits I'll have to put back in are scaring me away from it! At least I learned to think about that when salivating over another die like that to buy but I might forget! LOL. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!

    ~Cheryl~
    https://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)