Tuesday, June 23, 2020

TSOT 463 - Amazing Swan

Welcome to Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge 463!

The sketch is below and the optional theme (in addition to the sketch) is Make a Splash. 


I stayed very true to the sketch this time - I pulled out an old stamp set called Thankful for You. It has  a couple of swans and some related images so that allowed me to add in the optional theme of Make a Splash. 

The card background was random stamped using three images from the stamp set. I die cut a frame outline from Sapphire cardstock and filled in the triangles with white cardstock. That was placed on a Canary background. The swan, bullrushes, lily pad and flower were stamped and die cut and the waves were stamped directly on the background. Once the scene was together, I built the rest of my card based on the size of that piece. The sentiment was stamped on the same background paper and I added a dotted ribbon underneath. A few enamel dots were added and this card was finished! 


Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have two weeks to link up your project. 
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Happy Times Paper Pack, Blue Skies Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Thankful for You, Word Up (Reverse Confetti)
Inks: Pebble, Toffee, Fern, Canary, Sapphire
Accessories: Thankful For You Thin Cuts, Stylish Frame Trio Dies (Memory Box), Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (SU), Seas the Day Enamel Dots, Corner Rounder, Blue Sharpie Marker

Enjoy,
Alyson



2 comments:

  1. Hello, Alyson! This is gorgeous! Those images are so perfectly stamped and die-cut that they look like something one could purchase, beautiful job! I like the shape behind the swan, so unique and delicate. Your colour combo is so pretty and I like this sketch too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aLISON! Girl, you are into the fiddly die parts now, aren't you, LOL. And you do them perfectly! I've had a quick catch-up and am just amazed at all the different various art you've made. Your doggie's too cute. Ok, I just received the most gorgeous card yesterday in the mail from you. THANK YOU! It's displayed in my art corner, it's very eye-catching, too! You are so sweet - it may take forever, but I will get you back! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)