Saturday, June 20, 2020

Brushed Blog Hop

Welcome to the Brushed Blog Hop!


The Brushed paper pack is a returning paper pack that was retired a few years ago. It has a beautiful mix of colours and patterns.

You should have arrived here from Michelle Loncar's blog.
If you get lost, a complete list of all participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog.

My order with the revised paper pack didn't arrive in time so I had to use the older version. The colours in the new pack have been revamped to reflect the current CTMH colours.

I went back in time for a sketch as well - to Make It From Your Heart - Vol. 1. It worked for what I had in mind.

My first step was to stamp the largest flower in Versamark and emboss it in white on Candy Apple cardstock. That piece was used as the background for my card. It was pretty bold when it was done so I placed a piece of vellum over the piece to tone it down. Vellum can be very difficult to adhere if there aren't places to hide the adhesive. In this case, I didn't want the edges lifting so I cut the vellum about 1" larger than the cardstock and scored it to wrap it around the back of the card. That way, no adhesive on the front was needed. A photo of that step is shown below.


I cut the patterned papers and mounted each of them on black cardstock. The scalloped border was cut using Julep cardstock and my Cricut (Art Philosophy) and attached under the long piece. I stamped the flower and some leaves and coloured them with the Tri-Blend markers. I added some shimmer by just going over the lines on the flower petals. Bitty Sparkles were coloured and attached in the centre of the flower. That floral piece is mounted using craft foam. I cut a stitched bracket and stamped the sentiment on the top, attaching the remainder of the bracket under the white cardstock. A striped bow was added along with some black enamel dots.



I went through some old artwork and found this display tray that I created featuring my dog. I used the Brushed paper pack along with several other stamp sets and embellishments from the time Brushed was first available. 

I hope you enjoyed my projects.
The next blog to visit on this hop is Jen Rubio's blog.
I'm sure she has something amazing to share with you!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated (does not include display tray products): 

Paper: Brushed Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Julep Cardstock, Vellum
Stamps: You Make Me Happy, A Budding Friendship
Inks: Intense Black, Black, Versamark
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Stitched Bracket Thin Cuts, Black and White Dots, Bitty Sparkles, Craft Foam (not CTMH), Tri-Blend Markers, Striped Ribbon Bows, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson

9 comments:

  1. Love your card! It's so bright get and pretty! Cute pup, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you're card and how you toned down the colors with vellum! So clever!! Adorable display tray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Alyson! So very inspiring! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creativity Alyson! So very inspiring! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those layers work so well together and I love how the vellum softens it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 'flower'...perfectly colored for your main element....and that paper tray....gorgeous (adorable pup!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! Fun, fun to emboss and then cover with vellum! :) I need to try that! :) Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the tip of using velum to tone down a color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squeeeeeeeeal! OMGoodness, just look at Mika! I LOVE him! That is absolutely adorable, Alyson! Love, love, love your tray! Your card is so pretty; I love these colours, pretty papers, and beautiful layering! But for me Mika steals the show on this blog post! Please give him a big cuddle from me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)