Tuesday, April 28, 2020

TSOT 455 - You Octopi my Heart

Welcome to another challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! 

This week, there is a sketch along with an optional theme. You must use the sketch but the optional theme is just that - optional. That theme is nautical. 


Interestingly enough, the colours I chose for my card are the same colours as shown on the sketch - that was not intended but happened by accident. 

I decided to use the Seas the Day paper pack from Close To My Heart for the papers. The blue woodgrain pattern was perfect for the background and the anchor paper worked as the cross pieces. I used a water-like paper for the tag and since I wanted the heart being held by the octopus to show up, I selected yellow. It wasn't until I looked carefully at the sketch again that I realized all my colours were the same as the sketch! I added some Liquid Glass drops over the card to simulate water. Very quick and easy this time! 



Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have two weeks to enter your project.
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Seas the Day Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 
Stamps: Make Waves Cardmaking
Inks: Smoothie, Sapphire
Accessories: Make Waves Cardmaking Thin Cuts, Liquid Glass 

Enjoy,
Alyson



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and fun, Alyson! I love anything sea-themed! We're only about 10 or 15 min drive from the ocean so it's near to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that woodgrain paper and your punny sentiment is adorable. Thanks for leaving me a comment on my card. This challenge was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)