Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Double Point Fold Cards x2

My latest endeavour has been to try these Double Point Fold Cards. They are surprisingly very easy to create. However, I made a big mistake on my fist attempt (the purple one) and random stamped the entire front section, leaving no room for anything underneath... We learn from our mistakes, right? 

These cards open under the front diamond and then if you want to adhere them to a card base, you can do that as well - and I did. I stamped this adorable cat on the front diamond panel and then coloured it. I used the Build-a-Plaid stamp set to create some borders at the top and bottom. That panel is attached just under a small sentiment that is adhered with foam tape. Under the diamond, there is a birthday message and inside the card is a larger message. I did some random stamping on this card, having a better understanding of the importance of location! 




This was my first attempt - still pretty but the sides were left blank as was the inside of the card. Those elements can be added at a later date when I know who will receive this card. I did use some decorative dies to create patterns on the diamond front. 



The tutorial I used is located here if you want to try these cards. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Mix-In Paper Pack, These Are My People Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, French Vanilla Cardstock, Sage Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Green Apple Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Strokes of an Artist, Birthday Greetings, Happy Birthday, You Make Me Happy, Build-a-Plaid, Sending Prayers, Love These People, Boutique Cardmaking, Short and Sweet 
Inks: Intense Black, Black, Green Apple, Thistle, Sage
Accessories: Cricut Basic Shapes Cartridge, Basic Circle Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Thin Cuts, Basic Oval Thin Cuts, Stitched Oval Thin Cuts, Decorative Border Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush, Holly Jolly Dots, FoamTape 

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)