Thursday, March 5, 2020

Shaker Lady Birthday

I recently watched a video by Jennifer McGuire to create a tri-fold shaker card. Loved the idea and wanted to try it myself. 

The stamp I selected is one that I have had but haven't used until now. I love this lady holding the birthday cake and the sentiments that go with it. 

I started by creating the inside scene - used Distress Inks to sponge a yellow background and splatter some ink on top of that. Those splatters are hard to see... The main image was stamped, coloured and die cut. The sentiment was stamped directly on that piece. 
The next step was to build the shaker component. That involved multiple rectangle die cuts as they were stacked to build height. Small stars and a few white seed beads were added inside the shaker component. The last step was to create another sentiment piece inside the card. The really neat thing about this design is that the shaker sits on its own - visible from the front and back of the card. 






One card made and the technique has been tested - I will try some other ways with subsequent cards since I don't have simple rectangle dies - they are all stitched ones. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: You're Not Old
Inks: Black, Intense Black, Lagoon, Nectarine, Distress Inks (shades of yellow)
Accessories: You're Not Old Thin Cuts, Stitched Rectangle Dies (GMD), Tri-Blend Markers, Acetate (not CTMH), Silver Star Confetti, Seed Beads (not CTMH), Waterbrush

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. LOLOL, thanks for the grins! A nifty idea to combine the two techniques and your card is made wonderfully. Thanks for sharing, XXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really missed a lot here on your blog, Alyson! This is such a fun card, and again you've done an amazing job with one of Jennifer's techniques! I watch her videos and think, "I should try that," and don't end up doing it. You are so cool to be trying these card styles and they are all turning out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)