Saturday, March 7, 2020

Rainbow Bridge card

I had need for a quick pet sympathy card today - a very good friend unfortunately had to have her cat put to sleep. It is always so difficult to lose a precious member of the family... 

This card is not my creation - it was originally created by Cat Nowak and I love the way she set it up.  A link to her post with the card is here

I used the Rainbow Bridge stamp and die combination to create everything on the card except the stars at the top. Those are from a stamp set called A Little Sentiment. This wasn't hard to put together - stamping, a bit of colouring and then layering the clouds. 


Hopefully it will bring some comfort to my friend - my heart goes out to her at this difficult time. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 
Stamps: Rainbow Bridge, A Little Sentiment
Inks: Intense Black, Lemonade
Accessories: Rainbow Bridge Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Touch Markers (not CTMH) 

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. Well it IS your card, you borrowed her design and due credit given. If I'd just lost a pet, this would comfort me. It's adorable, too. XXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card for a sad occasion. I love the rainbow bridge poem - it always makes me cry when I think of my beloved Muffin. He's been gone for 15 years but still deep in my heart. This is a very thouughtful card, Alyson, and I know your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)