Thursday, February 27, 2020

Iris Opening Cards

I was experimenting with fun fold cards and this is one design that I really like. I’m not sure what it is called but the inside opens kind of like an iris fold to reveal a message.

I made two of these - one using a current paper pack called Celebrate Today and the other using a retried paper pack called Chelsea Gardens.

The band holds the edges of the card together until it is opened. Once the card is opened, there are two photos provided for each card that show just the center of the opening so you can see that the sentiment is still hidden. As the card is completely opened, the sentiment is revealed.

I decorated both the bands and the insides of the cards with coordinating flowers and leaves. Anything that is added inside must remain clear of the moveable parts, so it can’t be too large.







Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Celebrate Today Paper Pack, Chelsea Gardens Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Heather Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Evergreen Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock
Stamps: Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking, Family Legacy, Celebrate Today Card Kit, Happy Birthday
Inks: Intense Black, Raspberry, Charcoal, Lagoon
Accessories: Celebrate Today Card Kit Thin Cuts, Celebrate Today Vellum Images, Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Lagoon Shimmer Brush, Charcoal Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush, Peacock Sequins, Bitty Sparkles, Turquoise Gems, Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Well these are both AMAZING! Wow, Alyson! You are right on trend with your magic iris cards! I was wondering how to make a magic iris card without buying the new LF die and here you are ahead of the game! These are so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mymymy, Alyson, these are stunning! I count your engineering skills among the finest! This is way over my head so I'll just stand back and admire profusely. Great job on these! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)