Saturday, February 29, 2020

Shared Happiness - Boxed Card Set

I love creating sets of cards for gifts - I give so many away! 

The Shared Happiness stamp and die set from Close To My Heart is a perfect stamp for creating a set of cards using various colours. The main stamp has a rectangle in the centre, surrounded by flowers. I stamped that entire image on white cardstock (x8) and coloured the flowers in 8 different colour schemes. There are several sentiments in the stamp set and I chose 4 of them - stamped 2 cards each with the sentiments in question. Rather than using the rectangle that is stamped within the flowers, I die cut a stitched rectangle almost the same size and stamped the sentiments on that instead. 
I lined the white cardstock piece with the same colour of cardstock as the sentiment piece and then placed all of that on a white card base. The floral piece was adhered with foam tape to add some dimension. I brushed the yellow sections and the darker lines on each flower with the Clear Shimmer Brush. 


Although the colouring took me a while, I love how these turned out! The red one is shown below, along with the inside. The inside of each card is the same except the coordinating colours were used to colour the flowers. 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Peach Cardstock, Ballerina Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Nectarine Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Lilac Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, White Cards and Envelopes
Stamps: Shared Happiness
Inks: Black, Intense Black 
Accessories: Shared Happiness Thin Cuts, Stitched Rectangle Dies (GMD), Clear Shimmer Brush, Tri-Blend Markers 

Enjoy,
Alyson






2 comments:

  1. Hello, Alyson! Happy Leap Day! What a gorgeous set of cards! I like how you included different occasions - this set would make a great gift! Beautiful colouring of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, these are so pretty, useful and creative. Pinning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)