Monday, February 24, 2020

H2H - Texture It

Welcome to this week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart. 


It is a technique challenge this week - specifically TEXTURE. 
Add some kind of texture to your project for this challenge. 

I went with texture paste as my medium... I created stencils a while ago using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge and I pulled out my circle one for this purpose. It is a small stencil so I had to reposition it several times to cover the card from corner to corner. I mixed texture paste with the Wisteria Shimmer Brush to get the correct colour for this purpose. 

Once the paste was dry, I stamped and coloured the flowers and leaves and cut the black and white pieces. Everything was positioned and the sentiment was added at the bottom. The lines of the flowers were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. Thin foam tape and regular foam tape were used to add some additional dimension to this card. I also coloured some silver glitter gems and added them the centres of the flowers. 

The inspiration for my card came from Narelle Farrugia, whose artwork I love! 



Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your projects with texture.
You have until the end of February to enter this or any of the other February challenges. 
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: La Vie en Rose Paper Pack, White Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Floral Delivery, Create with Heart Spring 2020
Inks: Intense Black, Black
Accessories: Artbooking Cricut cartridge, Stencil Sheets, Floral Delivery Thin Cuts, Texture Paste, Wisteria Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush, Tri-Blend Markers, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Silver Glitter Gems, Thin Foam Tape, Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the wisteria! I have never tried to mix the paste with the shimmer brush, I will totally have to try that. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green you chose goes so well with the purple and your texturizing is cool, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love your beautiful stencilled background with the texture paste! You're reminding me that I've got some of this, just waiting to be used. Gorgeous card design too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)