Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Silent Night Gatefold Card

I found this type of card on Pinterest - my favourite go-to site - and decided to recreate it using a stamp and die combination that I love. The inside of this card is a little different from a standard gatefold card - as you will see in the photos below. 

The only important measurements are the cutting and scoring of the base piece. After that, you can decorate it however you desire. 

I did this one in a 6"x6" format. The base piece for the card is 6"x12" and it is scored at 5-1/2" and 6-3/4" on one side. Flip the base over and score at 3" and 9" on the other side. That should help with the folding process. Beyond that, it is a personal choice for cutting mats for each piece. I also added mats to the reverse side for the purpose of writing a message. A belly band is easy to create and a 1-1/2" x 12" piece fits around this one as long as a larger piece is attached to the front to hold it together. 

The Cedar and Pine paper collection was perfect for what I wanted to do. Since there are some Toffee shades in that pack, it worked really well with the manger as it is a similar colour. I double matted all the front sections and then created the focal piece. The only important factor is that the centre piece cannot be wider than approx. 5-1/2" or the card will not close. I stamped and die cut the stable and manger, along with the dove. They were coloured as close to the colours in the paper pack as possible. I brushed the dove inside and the one on the front with the Clear Shimmer Brush.



I love how this turned out although I photographed it before I had added any embellishments... it was one of those nights - it was late and I was tired. Embellishments were added afterwards. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Cedar and Pine Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock
Stamps: Cedar and Pine Cardmaking Workshop (Holy Night), Hymns of Praise
Inks: Intense Black, Saffron, Evergreen
Accessories: Cedar and Pine Cardmaking (Holy Night) Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)