Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Glitter Ornament

It is time to enter another Double Trouble challenge! 

I saw the technique for this card on Sam Clayton's blog. I really wanted to try it - but it is harder to do than it appears. 

The circle was cut from a piece of masking paper and then placed on top of the card front. All the work was done inside that mask. The outlining in Lilac ink was done first. I chose an ink colour that would be a little bit purple but also sort of grey. 

My biggest struggle was finding stamps that were small enough for this purpose. I used individual stamps from 6 different sets... Once the circle was complete, the masking paper was peeled off and the ornament top plus the sentiment were added. Then came the glitter... I forgot how awful this stuff is to use. A little bit of glue was placed on the sections where I wanted glitter. It took me forever to brush off the unwanted glitter as it gets everywhere.



The three Double Trouble challenges components are: 
- use bling or glitter 
- add a snowman
- link to Cupcake Inspirations for their challenge (use a snowman)

I completed all three elements and am linking this card to both the Double Trouble Challenge and Cupcake Inspirations.

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper 
Stamps: Merry & Bright, Thoughtful Bird, Reindeer Crossing, Nature's Wish, Giving Thanks, A Dash of Joy
Inks: Black, Lilac
Accessories: Nestabilities Circle Dies, Silver Embellishing Thread, Prisma Glitter 

Enjoy,
Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Bravo on using a new technique, Alyson! You have succeeded in creating a most unique card but equally lovely. As for glitter... it is a mess no matter what you do to contain it. I love to see it but avoid using it. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #43.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card over at Double Trouble and had to come take a peek! I watched Sam's video too and have this technique on my list to try! You did an awesome job with it - your card is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! So glad you shared with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft purple used and fantastic masking and creating your scene on your Christmas ornament...beautifully done. And you did a great job on keeping your glitter contained on the card...lol. Awesome card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)