Friday, June 28, 2019

Colour Dare #349 - A Very Busy Swing Easel Card

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge #349! 

I LOVE this week's colour choices... some of my favourite colours are in the palette this week!
Check it out below. 

Please note that Black and White along with other neutrals ARE allowed in this challenge. 

I wanted to do something different this week - something new to me. I went looking around on Pinterest - my first source for inspiration - and found some interesting ideas there. One of those ideas was a Swing Easel Card. There were several websites with instructions but most of them had metric measurements... that can be difficult sometimes to translate to Imperial. I have to say that as a Canadian, I do EVERYTHING in metric except paper crafting... driving, cooking, temperatures, other measurements - everything in my world is in metric except paper crafting.

The size of my card is 5.5 x 5.5 (inches) - it is a square card. There were templates that showed how to do this to make a standard size card but I felt I needed a larger card for my purpose. 

For the background, I used the Mix-In Paper Pack from CTMH - and the edge is a zip strip that fit perfectly. I used a coordinating stamp and die set as I needed both greenery and flowers. This type of card works really well if you want to create a scene as the main scene can go on the inside section and other elements can be placed along the outside edge to make them stand up. I placed some greenery along the outside edge and then added flowers there. I then decorated the inside section. I think most people would do it in reverse but I found it easier doing it from the outside and working toward the inside. I just added elements as I worked, filling in empty spaces. 


The "hello" die makes the card stand in position. It was cut 5 times and stacked. I used Stick-It adhesive on the back before cutting so it would be easier to adhere them together as it is a pretty thin die. The top of the card can be opened to reveal a place to write a message. 


One of the wonderful things about this card is that it folds flat for mailing - LOVE THAT! 


Although this took a long time to create, I think making a second one would be a lot easier now that I have a better idea of what to do! 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the colour palette shown at the top of this post. You have two weeks to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: Mix-in Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock (all CTMH)
Stamps: Sentiment Collection (Penny Black), First Frost (SU)
Inks: Pansy, Lilac, Raspberry, Willow, Clover (all CTMH)
Accessories: Frosted Bouquet Thinlets, Silver Metallic Thread (both SU), Hello Die (Pretty Pink Posh), Touch Markers, Stamp Press

Enjoy,
Alyson










5 comments:

  1. Wow what an incredible card! It's like a garden burst to life right before your eyes! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card, Alyson! Not to mention that it's also a clever fancy-fold card. Thank you for including the extra photos and explanation. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...such a beautiful card...love everything about it. Such a great arrangement of florals and leaves in your easel card. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love your swing card it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite stunning! I love the black/white paper & then all those rich colors creating that beautiful garden. (insert heart eye emoji)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)