Monday, June 10, 2019

AH 320 - Friendly Spring Flowers


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch #320!

Although this sketch is shown in horizontal format, I flipped it 90 degrees and created my card in a vertical format instead. Everything remained the same except I eliminated the three dots in the top right corner as I chose a very busy background paper. They would have ended up lost on the paper...

Other than that, I stayed true to the sketch, substituting flowers for the butterfly image shown at the top. That image is just there as a marker - feel free to use whatever image you want. The flowers I used were cut from the Flower Market Cricut cartridge. I used a border punch to cut the borders and then backed them with Canary cardstock so a consistent colour would show through for the background. The die was cut using that same cardstock and a yellow gem was used for the letter "I". I brushed the lighter cardstock on the flowers and the sentiment using a clear shimmer brush - those close-up photos are shown below as you can’t see that in the main photograph. 





Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: Echo Park Paper Pad, Canary Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock (CTMH), Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Flower Marker Cricut Cartridge, Clear Shimmer Brush, Yellow Gems (all CTMH), Ribbon Border Punch (unknown), Friends Die (Pretty Pink Posh), Thin Foam Tape 

Enjoy,
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. lovely cards! adorable flowers
    congrats Alyson
    have a great monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)