Thursday, December 13, 2018

Roses for Christmas

I had a request for a Christmas card for a special individual... I went back to a sketch that I have used before expect that I turned the card into a 6x6 size as several people will be signing the inside. 

The rose and leaf dies are from Kaisercraft and are layered dies. There are three layers so I wanted to use three close shades of red to create the flowers. I chose Cranberry for the base, Candy Apple for the middle layer and Poppy for the top. I outlined the top two layers with a gold shimmer brush but that wasn't picked up in the photo. I also brushed the leaves with the same shimmer brush. 

The patterned papers are from the 'Tis the Season paper pack, along with some gold fold paper. 


Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: 'Tis the Season Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Cranberry Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Poppy Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Fern Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper
Stamps: First Noel
Inks: Versamark
Accessories: Layered Rose Dies (Kaisercraft), Circle Die (Nestabilities), Open Scalloped Die (Nestabilities), Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Gold Gems, Scallop Die, Gold Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)