Monday, December 24, 2018

AH 296 - HAPPY Eclipse card


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch 296! 

This seems like a very basic sketch - with room for a super large sentiment! 
I thought it was perfect for an eclipse card - one where the letters are raised on a dark background. The hardest part for me was choosing the stamp to create some sort of background for the letters... I finally settled on a new stamp that I purchased - from Penny Black called Fragrant Flowers. 

I used a single stamp from the set and randomly stamped around the white cardstock using Willow ink. I coloured in the flowers using two shades of watercolour pencils and then used a clear shimmer brush to blend the colours. The leaves were coloured using a single shade of green and also blended. 

The letters were die cut and then raised using foam tape to create the eclipse effect. To stay somewhat close to the sketch, I added some gold foil tape above and below the letters. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock (all Close To My Heart)
Stamps: Fragrant Flowers (Penny Black), Banner Wishes (Close To My Heart)
Inks: Willow, Versamark (all Close To My Heart)
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Gold Pearls, Gold Foil Tape, Block Alphabet Dies, Clear Shimmer Brush (all Close To My Heart), Merry Christmas Thinlets (SU), Watercolour Pencils (Derwent), Foam Tape (unknown)

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)