Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Wishing You... Oval Shaker Card

I decided to try my hand at an oval shaker card - after using Close To My Heart's new shaker card pre-designed shaker windows and kits, this was not nearly as easy as I remember! It took me a number of tries on my Circuit to shape and cut the front of the card and then to cut the outline. I chose to use a scallop oval and that made it all the more difficult as lining that up is difficult, to say the least! And I wanted it embedded within my card as well! 

After a few attempts, I finally figured out what I was doing and then things started to move a little faster... I sponged the background but then FORGOT to adhere my glitter words to that background so they ended up going on the top of the acetate. Sometimes you do what you have to do, right? At least the sequins made it into the shaker part! 

The flowers and leaves were stamped, coloured and die cut. Eventually the flowers were brushed with the clear shimmer brush and had a silver gem added in the centre of each. 



This card will be signed by many people so it has two additional pieces of cardstock in the centre to allow for 10 pages of writing in total. It is 5x7 in size. 
I bound it at the side using a flexible piece of cord. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Oh What Fun Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Mint Cardstock
Stamps: Wild Rose (Pretty Pink Posh), Sending and Wishing (SSS)
Inks: Intense Black, Lagoon, Mint, Raspberry
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge (ret.), Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, ShinHan Markers, Silver Glitter Gems, Loose Silver Sequins, ShinHan Markers, Acetate (not CTMH), Silver Cording (not CTMH), Pool  Party and Silver Twine (SU), Wild Rose Dies (Pretty Pink Posh), Wishing Die (SSS), Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)