Monday, October 15, 2018

AH 286 - Shining Tree


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #286!

This week's sketch is an interesting one... it lends itself to a lot of possibilities. A circle in the background can be open to a shaker card of some sort and the image in the forefront can be interpreted in several ways. 

I took some liberties with the sketch - I moved the circle (which doesn't HAVE to be a circle...) up on the page and chose to make it a moon or a sun, depending how you interpret my card. I then added a Christmas tree in the foreground. I sponged the entire background using several colours of ink. The snow at the bottom was created by using an embossing folder and then the "hill" was cut using a decorative die.

It is a simple card but it makes a statement - exactly what I wanted. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Christmas Love (ret.)
Inks: Lemon, Canary, Saffron, Carolina, Bluebird, Sapphire
Accessories: In the Woods Thinlets (SU), Circle Dies (Nestabilities), Cascading Circles Embossing Folder (ret.), Decorative Borders Thin Cuts, Foam Tape, Gold Glitter Gems

Enjoy, 
Alyson




1 comment:

  1. so beauty card , layers do really cool
    congrats
    thanks so much for your comment in my blog
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)