Monday, October 29, 2018

AH 288 - Peace on Wood Christmas Card


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Challenge 288! 

It is an interesting sketch this week - and one that I chose to remain close to for my card. I had a die that I really wanted to use and I cut it twice in both red and green cardstock. There are a lot of details within the die itself so I just cut the flower section off the die cut and layered it on top of the leaves. 

The background was a challenge because I didn't want anything to compete with the flower... The sentiment is much more noticeable in real life than in the photo. It is almost lost here in the picture. I brushed the flower and leaves with shimmer brushes to bring out some of the details. The red pearls add an extra touch of shimmer to the card. 




Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project.

Products used are listed below:

Paper: Candy Apple Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper, Basic Fundamentals (all CTMH), Wood Grain Patterned Paper (SU)
Stamps: Scandinavian Wishes (CTMH)
Inks: Versamark
Accessories: Flowers and Leaves Die (GMD), Snowflake Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Red Pearls (CTMH), Thin Foam Tape, Red Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool (all CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)