Friday, December 8, 2017

Colour Dare 272 - Traditional Christmas


Welcome to a Traditional Christmas at Colour Dare. My team is celebrating traditional colours for Christmas this week. The opposite team is celebrating Non-Traditional colours, so be sure to check their projects as well. There are prizes available and all sorts of challenges running on the Colour Dare website so be sure to check in regularly throughout the month of December as there will be lots happening! 


My traditional colour card uses traditional colours - Cranberry, Willow and White Daisy. I used an old die that I love - it is a swirly Christmas tree and I cut it three times and glued it together to give it more stability and a little more depth. The embossing folder is also one that I love - beautiful holly and berries. The whole card is foam taped onto a white background. I needed a very small sentiment so I went to my Festive Trees stamp set and cut the smallest sentiment I could find (it originally read Merry Christmas To You) and I cut it into three pieces. That way, I was able to layer the Merry on top of Christmas without having to mask the words. The white dots from the Black and White dots were coloured green with a ShinHan marker. 


Be sure to join us this week AND next week when the teams will switch and show you the reverse challenge next week. You have two weeks to link up with this challenge. 

Remember - it's traditional Christmas colours only: 
- red(s)
- green(s)
- white
- choice of one neutral (optional)


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Cranberry Cardstock, Willow Cardstock
Stamps: Festive Trees (ret.)
Inks: Willow
Accessories: Swirly Christmas Tree (Memory Box), Holly Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Stitched Dies (Gina Marie Designs), Black and White Dots, ShinHan Marker, Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. Love your swirly tree with the embossed background. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layered red tree and how you split the background with two colors and an embossed pattern. Really pretty!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very bright and cheery card...I have that die and have never used it, it's about time I do. Another nice embossed background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)