Friday, December 1, 2017

Colour Dare 273 - Non-Traditional Christmas


Welcome to a Non-Traditional Christmas at Colour Dare. My team is celebrating non-traditional colours for Christmas this week. The opposite team is celebrating traditional colours, so be sure to check their projects as well. There are prizes available and all sorts of challenges running on the Colour Dare website so be sure to check in regularly throughout the month of December as there will be lots happening! 

For my non-traditional Christmas card, I chose to use White and Sapphire. I actually prefer non-traditional colours for Christmas and the vast majority of my Christmas cards are created in non-traditional colours. This one ended up taking much more time than I originally anticipated... I SHOULD have done it backwards to what I did. I used Design Space to first weld the snowflakes together and then slice that line into a white base. I didn't anticipate having to glue in the six tiny little white diamond pieces after the fact when they were also cut from the snowflakes... I would have been better doing this the reverse way, I think! I love the white flourish on the white base, though. The shimmer brush was used to brush the poinsettia to give it lots of sparkle. 


Be sure to join our Colour Dare challenge this week. 

The non-traditional colour expectations are as follows: 
- use up to 3 non-traditional colours (EXCLUDING red or green)
- white and/or your choice of one neutral
- optional silver and/or gold

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock
Stamps: First Noel
Inks: Sapphire
Accessories: Artistry Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Flower Market Cartridge, White Pearls, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson




3 comments:

  1. Alyson I love the blue & white combination and the touch of shimmer is so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I love how you get your flowers to lift off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely shiny blue poinsettia--it looks fabulous over the snowflake border. Thanks for all the ways you have inspired me through your creations and dedication to the Color Dare Design Team this past year!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)