Monday, August 3, 2020

Double Trouble 63 - What's Up Dog?

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge #63!


This week, it's all about embossing (hot/wet or cold/dry) and critters. If you use a critter on your project, we encourage you to link up with the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge as well. That link can also be found on the Double Trouble challenge post

I pulled out a stamp set that I love but haven't used often - called Lucky Dog by MFT. I based my card on a sketch from Make It From Your Heart Volume 2. The dog bone papers were combined with a panel of cardstock that was dry embossed using a paw embossing folder. I sanded the embossed panel to bring out the images in white. The dog image was stamped with Pewter embossing ink and heat embossed before being coloured. I added some grass and the sentiment at the bottom and then placed some silver embellishing thread behind the panel before adding it to a mat. A thin strip of silver ribbon was added to the cross piece of Pewter cardstock. Finally, a few blue glitter gems finished off my card.


Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your embossed projects. Add a critter if desired. 
You have two weeks to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 
I am linking my card up to the 2 Crafty Critters Crazies challenge as well. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Friends Fur-ever Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock 
Stamps: Lucky Dog (MFT)
Inks: Bluebird, Pewter Pigment Ink
Accessories: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Paw Embossing Folder (Darice), Silver Ribbon (misc.), Sanding Block, Pewter Journaling Pen, Blue Enamel and Glitter Dots, Tri-Blend Markers, ShinHan Markers, Thin Foam Tape, Silver Embellishing Thread

Enjoy,
Alyson


4 comments:

  1. I love that bone design sheet, I had a small piece from a crop I attended and didn't have any problem using it. Adorable card, and the sanding of the dry embossed folder really pops and love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Alyson! I am drawn to the yellow and blue - always an excellent color combination. I love the sweet Terrier and the background paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow and blue on this cute card is fabulous! I love all the layers and interest you added too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling doggie card, love the Scottie dog and the fab papers and embossing folder. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    Faith A My blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)