Monday, August 31, 2020

AH 384 - Gnome Love


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch #384!

I decided to take some liberties with this sketch - my card design is basically the same but some of the little nuances were altered (sentiment placement, dots, etc.) 

Although I have had the Gnome Matters stamp set for some time, a friend borrowed it and I just got it back! She obviously loves it as much as I do. I used some of the images and a sentiment from that stamp set. 

I started by creating my background (the stripes in the sketch) using Distress Inks. I wanted three colours in addition to the turquoise. I used two shades of purple and one pink shade. The centre was cut using the Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts and I used that space to create a shaker. The background inside the shaker is another image from that same stamp set. It was coloured and then sequins were added inside the shaker. I mounted the card front on craft foam to keep the shaker flush with the card front. A gnome was stamped, coloured and adhered with thin foam tape. I placed some old turquoise twine behind the sentiment and brushed two words with the Lagoon Shimmer Brush. A few gems were added around the gnome and this card was finished.


Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardtock, Purple Cardstock (unknown), Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Gnome Matters

Inks: Distress Inks (not CTMH), Intense Black 

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Gnome Matter Thin Cuts, Foam Tape, Craft Foam (not CTMH), Thin Foam Tape, Tri-Blend Markers, Lagoon Shimmer Brush, Turquoise Gems (not CTMH), Turquoise Twine (not CTMH), Acetate (not CTMH), Loose Sequins - turquoise, clear (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

 

1 comment:

  1. Alyson, this is such a good gnome card! Love the colors and the images in your little framed shaker piece.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)