Monday, July 20, 2020

Double Trouble 62 and H2H - Christmas in July

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 62!

Christmas seems to come out of nowhere every year and I am certain I am not the only one who feels the rush to get everything done at the last minute. This week, Double Trouble offers you the opportunity to get at least one Christmas project completed early!

Here is the basic information for this challenge - the details can be found on the Double Trouble website


I did not have any elf or gnome images at all... I had to find an image online that I could colour for my card. When I found this image, I knew I recognized it but it took a bit to figure out exactly which cartoon it was from - and that is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. These are the working elves. The image was printed from this site

I coloured the image in the same colours as the cartoon - red and blue. I then cut it down to the size I wanted and added two mats behind it. Strips of patterned paper and glitter paper were added along with a sentiment. I brushed a bit of Ballerina ink on each of the elves' cheeks. The focus needed to be on the image so I didn't add any other embellishments. 

My favourite tool has to be the Clear Shimmer Brush - I use it on so many things. Since it is clear, it can be brushed on any colour and it can also be used with re-inkers, chalks, watercolour pencils, texture paste, etc. I brushed the red sections of the hats, the white edges of the uniforms and the berries and feather with that brush. 



Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you apply the elements shown above. 
You have two weeks to link up your project - and if you tell us your favourite tool, don't forget to link up at Heart 2 Heart as well! Since I am a design team member there, my card is in the design team section. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Product used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Jack Paper Pack, I Heart Us Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Ruby Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Silver Glitter Paper 
Stamps: Santa's List (Your Next Stamp)
Inks: Bluebird, Ballerina
Accessories: Colouring Image (not CTMH), Tri-Blend Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson

6 comments:

  1. A delightful card, Alyson! Your elves are having such fun. Nicely embellished with the rosy cheeks and banners, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, this is so adorable and doesn't it bring back memories of coloring books and the fun time coloring. Love your coloring and the extra shimmer from your favorite tool always brings in that little bit of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite tools is the shimmer pen too!! I feel like it can't be used enough lol. Your card is so cute and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice resource to search for images, those elves are so fun and make a great Christmas card!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson - you had me intrigued with what a "shimmer brush" was, so I had to find out from your blog! Now I know, and yes, it is a great tool. I have them in clear and gold. Your card is so cute! Great coloring on the elves!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Totally brings back memories of watching Rudolf as a kid and now with my son.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)