Sunday, May 3, 2020

Cards of Support

I was playing with my alcohol inks again a couple of days ago and wanted to use those backgrounds for a few cards of support. Many have already been mailed out but I can always use more, especially during this time of self-distancing and self-isolation. 

I used two old Mojo Monday sketches for the basis of my cards. The colours in the inked background pieces matched pretty well with various papers I have in my stash. I enjoy working with alcohol inks as I never know what to expect with the final results. I used a hair dryer this time to move the inks around. 

The first pair of cards are based on the colours of Bluebird, Lagoon and Raspberry. I didn't have a match for the pink shade in the alcohol inked background but raspberry was a fairly close match. Each section was mounted on a piece of cardstock and the sentiments were stamped using Bluebird ink. A few silver embellishments were added along with a coloured flower. 


The second pair of cards are matched with some dark turquoise foil paper, glitter cardstock, some old purple patterned paper and a piece of lighter turquoise cardstock. I embossed the sentiments using silver embossing powder - under the normal light, it doesn't show in the photos which is why I am including photos of just the sentiment parts. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: So Much Happy Paper Pack, More Magical Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Silver Glitter Paper, Noble Peacock Foil Paper (SU), Purple Patterned Paper (unknown), Turquoise Cardstock (unknown) Purple Cardstock (unknown), Turquoise Glitter Paper (unknown), Yupo Paper (Ranger), Neenah Solar White Cardstock 
Stamps: Love These People, For Your Heart, Keep Your Head Up
Inks: Various Alcohol Inks (Ranger), Versamark, Bluebird, Intense Black 
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Basic Circle Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Thin Cuts, Basic Stars Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Thin Foam Tape, Silver Embellishing Thread, Silver Glitter Gems

Enjoy,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)