Thursday, August 1, 2019

You & Me Layout

A good friend has a birthday coming up and I wanted to do something special for her. She and her daughter spend a lot of time together and I just adore the two of them. The photo that I chose for this layout is one that was posted on Facebook - and she has no idea that this gift is coming her way! I am hoping that she will hang it in a special place in her home. 

I chose to use the Sweet Girl paper pack from Close To My Heart to create the layout. The papers coordinate perfectly and to avoid any conflict with the photo, I changed it to black and white. I also softened it slightly. 



The flowers were cut from the Flower Market Cricut cartridge, as was the title. Those roses... they take a long time to assemble! They were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush after being edged with Ballerina ink. It's a little difficult to differentiate between the Peach and Ballerina colours in this layout - since I hand stitched all around the edges, the layout didn't lay perfectly flat for me so it was easier to photograph it when it was mounted in the frame. The roses are Ballerina (very light pink) and the daisy tops are Peach, as is the background. 

There is twine running above the banner although that is almost impossible to see as I added silver glitter gems between each piece. I also went way back to find the sparkle flourishes to place beside the flowers as they add such a great finishing touch. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Sweet Girl Paper Pack, Sapphire Cardstock, Peach Cardstock, Ballerina Cardstock, Fern Cardstock, Heather Cardstock
Stamps: none
Inks: Ballerina, Peach, Sapphire, Heather, Fern
Accessories: Flower Market Cricut Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Cricut Basic Shapes (not CTMH), Silver Glitter Gems, Mink Twine, Silver Sparkle Flourishes, Foam Tape, Clear Shimmer Brush, Blue Embroidery Floss and Needle (not CTMH), Stitching Guide, Sponges, Sponge Daubers, Sharpie Marker (not CTMH) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)