Friday, August 23, 2019

CD 357 - Tic Tac Toe and an Ink Splattered Card

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge #357!

It's another Tic Tac Toe board! This time, the colours are not associated with any particular paper pack - they are just random colours selected from Close To My Heart's colour palette. 
Black and White are permitted but NO OTHER NEUTRALS are allowed other than what is shown on the board. 


I used the colours along the left side (Pomegranate, Ballerina and Glacier) along with the bottom row (Glacier, Peach and Sapphire). 

I went back to an old technique of ink with water (spritz cleaner also works) on a base. I don't have an acrylic block large enough to cover a card base so I had to remove a cover from a stamp platform to do this. I covered the platform with Ballerina ink and then added sections of Pomegranate ink. I spritzed the ink a few times with water and lifted the platform slightly so the colours would run together just a bit. I put it down flat and then put my white cardstock down on top of it. That was easier than trying to turn the platform over on top of the cardstock. The inks settled nicely on the cardstock and it took a while for it to dry. 

In the meantime, I stamped the flowers and leaves and coloured them using Touch markers. The flowers appear Peach although they were coloured with a light pink marker... I also coloured some sparkle flourishes and clear sparkles using the same type of markers. The sentiment was stamped using a combination of Sapphire and Pomegranate inks. 

Here is the card fully assembled. I love the Sapphire flourishes poking out from the floral grouping as they bring out the centre of each flower. 


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the Tic Tac Toe board shown above. Please identify the row or column that you use - and you may use more than one row/column or the entire board if you wish. 
You have 2 weeks to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Pomegranate Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Floral Delivery, Wreath Builder (Gina K. Designs) 
Inks: Intense Black, Pomegranate, Ballerina, Sapphire 
Accessories: Floral Delivery Thin Cuts, Clear Sparkles, Sparkle Flourishes, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Stitched Circle Dies (Gina Marie Designs), Nestabilities Circle Dies

Enjoy,
Alyson



3 comments:

  1. Your background is so beautiful 😍 I love this technique but I swear every time I try it does not work out the way I want. Love the Sapphire gems behind the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the colors on your card! it's so pretty and bright. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technique you used on your background, and again another beautiful floral card created by you, and a lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)