Monday, August 26, 2019

H2H - From Me to You

Welcome to Heart 2 Heart's weekly challenge! 


This week, the theme is From Me to You. Close To My Heart happens to have a stamp set by that name and that is most certainly a possibility for this challenge but it is not a requirement. You may interpret this challenge in whatever way the theme speaks to you! 

I did not use the related stamp set... instead, I chose a different stamp set to create my card. 

The True Love paper pack retires at the end of this month and it is filled with gorgeous paper patterns. I love the deep, rich colours in this pack and decided to focus on those colours and patterns for my card. I have a set of square stitched dies that happened to fit perfectly when lined up along the card base, leaving just the right border. I cut a few of each of the pieces of the patterns I wanted to use and then placed them randomly on the base. I also wanted to use some of the cut apart pieces so I added those where they fit, along with a banner sentiment. 

I used a journaling pen to line around the border of the card and I also added some shimmer to all of the flowers. One of those groups is shown below the card as the shimmer doesn't show well in the full photo. A bit of crochet thread, some white dots and this card came together pretty quickly. 



Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you interpret the theme From Me to You. 
You have until the end of August to link up with this or any of the other August challenges. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: True Love Paper Pack, Ballerina Cardstock, Eggplant Cardstock, White Daisy Cards and Envelopes
Stamps: Bunches of Joy
Inks: Sapphire, Eggplant
Accessories: Square Stitched Dies (Gina Marie Designs), Touch Markers (not CTMH), Pennant Banner Thin Cut, Black and White Dots, Sapphire Crochet Thread, Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Black Journaling Pen

Enjoy,
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. I love the quilted background with the stitching. I also love the shimmer added to the flowers. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)