Tuesday, August 13, 2019

TSOT #421 - Birthday Wishes

Welcome to this week's Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! 

I stayed true to the sketch again this week - only pulling my long strips all the way to the left side as I thought my card looked more finished that way than with them sort of hanging in the centre. 

I chose to use a Close To My Heart paper pack called True Love - the background paper is very busy so the other patterns I chose were more subtle in nature. I backed all the patterned paper with cardstock to help set it apart from each other. The sentiment was stamped on a patterned piece of paper that is very light so it shows up well. I used two stamp pads - Eggplant and Sapphire - and rocked and rolled the sentiment so both colours would appear on the image. Some twine was added along with gems that were coloured to match the papers. 










I am also entering my card in the Double Trouble challenge this week. The main challenge is a recipe challenge: to use at least 3 colours, 2 design papers and 1 sentiment. 
I used more than 3 colours, more than 2 design papers but just the one sentiment. 




Come and join us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday, August 25 to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: True Love Paper Pack, Sage Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Eggplant Cardstock, White Daisy Cards and Envelopes
Stamps: Card Captions
Inks: Sapphire, Eggplant
Accessories: Sapphire Crochet Thread, Black and White Dots, Basic Circle Tag Thin Cuts, Foam Tape, Touch Marker (not CTMH), Stitched Circle Dies (not CTMH) 

Enjoy,
Alyson



6 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Alyson! The paper is really beautiful. Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flow of all the design papers and the twine bow wrapped along the sentiment...beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble with your DT project at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such elegance, Alyson! I've never used the rock 'n roll technique but maybe it's time I did. This is very lovely. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #35 and congrats on joining the TSOT DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the colors and pretty patterns you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Alyson. Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)