Friday, March 29, 2019

Rainbow Card #2 - You're a Star!

This is the second rainbow card for the Three Amigos challenge... a very different approach to that rainbow effect. 


This looks so easy but it took me a LONG TIME to do. 
The stars were die cut using the Basic Stars Thin Cuts from CTMH - one at a time - to get the outlines. I did them in various sizes as I wanted to link them. Each was cut once and then attached to the next colour coordinating star. I stamped the sentiment first and then worked the stars around that. It was very difficult adhering them in order but that is the only way to do this. Each was very carefully linked to the adjoining star and then attached. I coloured some clear sparkles yellow and added them for interest and I also filled in the letters with black marker as they were open. 

The inside of the card has the closed stars scattered around. 


This card is also being entered into the Three Amigos March challenge - Rainbows. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Lemon Cardstock, Nectarine Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Noted
Inks: Black
Accessories: Basic Stars Thin Cuts, Clear Sparkles, ShinHan Marker (other), Black Sharpie Marker

Enjoy,
Alyson




1 comment:

  1. Another very cool technique! Love this one too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)