Monday, March 4, 2019

AH 306 - Hello with Masked Background


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch 306! 

This week's sketch is an interesting one... very basic. It could be as simple as some patterned paper with a ribbon across the paper and an added sentiment. I don't tend to think in those kinds of terms - and it took me a while to decide what to do with this sketch - really. I didn't want my artwork to be that simple. 

I opted instead to create my own background by masking a two step stamp... and that took some significant work! I had to create 3 masks so as not to overlap any of the flowers and the second stamp had to be stamped at the same time as the base stamp while the masks were in place. I ended up having to create 3 sets of 3 masks by the time I was done as they wear out fairly quickly with all the stamping being done on top of them! 

I knew I wanted to pair yellow and purple but I needed another option and gold was in the purple ribbon that I wanted to use. The gems that I added photographed very dark and it was impossible to change them - they were slightly edited to look purple. They are actually a gorgeous shiny dark purple in real life. The sentiment was die cut 3x and stacked. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper (all CTMH)
Stamps: What I Love (SU)
Inks: Canary, Saffron (both CTMH)
Accessories: Purple Gems, Pansy and Gold Ribbon, Purple Waxy Flax, Yellow Button (all CTMH), Hello Die (Pretty Pink Posh)

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)