Friday, March 22, 2019

CD 335 - Butterfly Gala

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge #335! 

This week, it's all about PINK! Take a look at the colour challenge below. 
I decided to pull out the stencil from the Wreath Builder stamp set and use that as a guide after searching through every stamp set I have for various sizes of butterflies. Then I had to do some intensive practice with my stamp platform to find the exact placement of the stamps where they would fit into an exact wreath just touching each other... that took about five tries for the outside wreath and another few tries for the inside. After I had stamped a few of the third row of butterflies around the outside of the wreath, I realized that the lower ones were going to be upside down - oops... so I turned the butterfly around and kept it in the same place. The larger ones at the bottom were just stamped manually. 

Some of the pinks in the photo look purple... it IS a pink marker. 
I brushed the butterfly bodies using the Black Shimmer Brush for emphasis.


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the colour palette shown above. 
You have two weeks to link up your project. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock (all CTMH), Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: You Are My Happy, Short and Sweet, Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking (all CTMH), Fragrant Flowers (Penny Black)
Inks: Intense Black, Raspberry (both CTMH)
Accessories: Basic Circle Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Thin Cuts, Black Shimmer Brush (all CTMH), Rectangle Stitched Dies (GMD), Pink Grosgrain Ribbon (SU), Wreath Builder Stencil (Gina K Designs), ShinHan Markers, Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson



3 comments:

  1. Alyson your card is stunning! Wow! I love your colors and how bright they are. The little touch of black really adds to the look, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! I love how your created a flower with the butterflies! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made a butterfly Mandela. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)