Friday, January 27, 2017

Colour Dare #228 - Hello to You!

The Colour Dare challenge this week is made up of my favourite colours in the Close To My Heart palette - Lagoon, Raspberry and White Daisy! Yeah, yeah and yeah :)

Here is the colour palette:


If you choose to enter this challenge, you need to use all and only these colours. If you don't have Close To My Heart products, use something similar. The challenge is open until Thursday, February 2 at 10pm EST.

I wanted to do something a little different for this challenge - I wanted to play with my blocks and inks to create a different background. I have done this before and the results always turn out differently, depending how much water is used... I would like to show you how I ended up with the background that I used. This is the card that I created for his challenge.


All that you do press the ink pad onto the block wherever you want the colour - and try not to mix the colours or you will stain your ink pads. I try to work from the top of the block to the bottom, adding the colours as I go. In this case, it was just two ink pads - Lagoon and Raspberry (the regular dye ink pads). Once I had the inks on the block, from a distance above, I spritzed water onto the block - the first time, I spritzed about 4 times - and ended up with the result that you see below - I added too much water and ended up with big blobs of colour. 


On my second attempt I also spritzed a little too much water in the centre and ended up with a blob of colour in the centre that I really didn't want. My third attempt finally gave me more of the spritzed look I was aiming to get and I ended up using that background. I will keep these other two pieces and perhaps use them for another purpose down the road... 


On my finished card, I added a Cricut cut and some embellishments to finish it off. 

Products used are all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Teal Glitter Paper (ret.)
Stamps: none
Inks: Raspberry, Lagoon
Accessories; Artistry Cartridge, Teal Shimmer Trim (ret.), Chevron Border Punch (ret.), Black and White Dots, Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson



6 comments:

  1. Great card! What a fun background and the shimmer trim is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what interesting way to do the background!! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the block technique to create your background. I haven't done that for a while. Thanks for inspiring me to give it a chance again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun technique Alyson! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your watercolored background--thanks for sharing the process you used for creating such a unique background.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's strange how I can always pick out your cards by just looking at the style...beautiful card. And even the ones you weren't happy with are still usableg and great backgrounds nonetheless...it would just be different placements of your art or embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)