Monday, January 2, 2017

Heart 2 Heart - Silver and Gold

Welcome back to a new year from Heart 2 Heart Challenges! 

Our first challenge of the new year is Silver and Gold. 

(Although Christmas is past, my first thought when I heard that phrase together is the Snowman from the original animated special, Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. It is a part spoken by Burl Ives and at one point in the story, he sings a song titled, "Silver and Gold". It's one of my all time favourite specials and I can sing the words to every song and have been able to do so since I was about 5 years old...) 

However, for this challenge, we are asking our participants to use the colours of silver and gold - in whatever combination they wish! 

I chose to create a card using the Basic Fundamentals Gold Overlays. The card itself wasn't difficult to create but photographing it was a really challenge! Shadows make the overlays very hard to photograph... and editing is very inconsistent unless you are familiar with programs like Photoshop (I am not). SO, this is the best picture of several to represent what I did for this challenge:


It's hard to tell but the black cardstock behind the flower was painted using a Gold Shimmer Pen. This time, the Clear Shimmer Pen showed up on the flower! 

Show us how you use Silver and Gold on your project. Be sure to use some Close To My Heart products in your project - you have the entire month of January to enter this or any of the upcoming challenges at Heart 2 Heart

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Basic Fundamentals - Gold Overlays, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Blossom Cardstock, Willow Cardstock
Stamps: Flower Market Cricut Collection
Inks: Versamark
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Silver Shimmer Trim, Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, Gold Shimmer Pen, Clear Shimmer Pen, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson



SaveSave

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)