Thursday, July 31, 2014

August SOTM Blog Hop - What a Hoot!


Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring August's SOTM, "What a Hoot", a set of 17 stamps.  If you have come here from Michelle's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. A complete list of bloggers can be found here.
This month we have approximately 65 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and fabulous Close To My Heart products on their blogs. Just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!

The stamp set looks like this: 

I chose to create two cards for this hop. Both cards were created using the Pathfinding Paper Pack. 

For the first card, I used the new Shin Han markers to colour in my owl and I stamped the sentiment in three colours (Chocolate, Lagoon and Glacier), then embossed and heat set it. 


The second card was quite a bit different. I wanted a chalk-like look for the sentiment so I used the Colonial White ink pad and stamped and heat set it several times, smearing it slightly with my finger to make it look a little bit like chalk. I also used the second owl image but added the legs from the other owl. Mixed pigment inks on the stamp made the wings two colours. 


I hope you enjoyed my projects :)

 Now "hop" on over to Jen's Blog  to see her work! Be sure to visit all the consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the August SOTM is only available until the last day of August!
Click here to see how you can get this stamp set for 
just $5 this month!

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Pathfinding Paper Pack, Colonial White Cardstock, Chocolate Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Autumn Terracotta Cardstock
Stamps: What a Hoot
Inks: Pigment Inks Pads - Chocolate, Lagoon, Glacier, Olive, Colonial White
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape (ret.), Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Shin Han Markers, Chevron Border Punch, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Gold Shimmer Trim, Mocha Opaques (ret.), Aqua Dots

Enjoy, 
Alyson

12 comments:

  1. A blue owl? Yep - it works! great cards - love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you used non-Halloween papers for your cards. Great use of embellishments to decorate your cute little owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute....I really like the blue one, but I love blue!!!Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you added the dots in HOOT! Super match with those papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the chalk effect that you made with the white pigment ink. Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great cards Alyson! Love the blue owl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cards! I like how you used the enamel dots on the first card and the pearls on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the owl colored in, the markers are going to be so versatile. Cute cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love how the wings are flapping on the first card. And the addition of the Houndstooth Washi Tape.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)