Saturday, March 16, 2013

Extravaganza Entry 2 - Cascading Card

My second entry for Extravaganza is a Cascading Card. When I first saw these cards on Pinterest, I knew this was the type of card that I wanted to make. I think they make such an impact (and they fit inside a standard envelope when they are folded down as well, so that's a major bonus!!)

I really wanted the top of my card to have some sort of a border and I didn't want to use our corner rouner punch to do it, so I had to resort to the Cricut Craft Room with the help of a friend, since I had never used it before. The two pieces that fit together to create one of these cards leave one side cut slightly longer than 12 inches and that is the side that needed the design. We played and played with angles, finally getting it just right as I wanted a border with holes... Those are the times when you really wish that CTMH would allow us to use border punches - it would have been SO much easier! 

However, it finally worked and the two pieces fit together perfectly. I chose to decorate my card using the Chantilly papers and some other embellishments (see the product list below). The sentiment is on the back of the card. The fold on the front is simply a dahlia fold. I tried others but wasn't happy with the results. The hardest part is getting the leaves to stay upright as the card has been handled quite a bit. The photos beneath the full card show some of the detail on the card as well as the fold on the front.






Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Chantilly Paper Pack, Cotton Candy Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Twilight Cardstock
Stamps: Beautiful Friendship
Inks: Cotton Candy, Pear
Accessories: Cricut Craft Room, Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artiste Cartridge, Garden Wooden Shapes, Trinket Wooden Shapes, Pearl Paint, Cotton Candy Reinker, Topiary Reinker, Mini-Medley Accents Collection - Wooden, Buttons - Basic Assortment, Colonial White Waxy Flax, Licorice Opaques Adhesive Gems, Pink Glitter Gems, Bitty Sparkles

3 comments:

  1. Love your card & the layout of your Dad, Alyson! So glad that you've applied for Extravaganza again this year, last year's work by you was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I see that you posted this 3 yrs ago. I love your card do you have a template for this or svg file. Thank you for sharing your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you search for cascading card on the internet, there are templates for this design everywhere. All it takes is a basic template and then you can choose to design the card in whatever way you wish. Hope this helps. If not, please feel free to email me for additional information. My contact information can be found in the Contact Me link at the top.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)