Monday, October 26, 2020

AH 392 - Hello Friend Distress Oxide Background Card

Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #392!

I decided to rotate the sketch to create a portrait card instead of a landscape card. I chose to create my own background for my card using Distress Oxide Inks and Stickles Glitter Gel. I began by using three colours of Distress Oxide inks to create my background. I then placed a stencil on top of that and covered the cardstock with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. I then covered the cardstock with Moondust Stickles Glitter Gel with the stencil still in place. I think that the Moondust Glitter Gel took on a dark colour due to the black ink still being wet. 

When the background was dry, I trimmed it to the size I wanted. The card base is Charcoal cardstock and there is a stitched rectangle mounted on top of that with craft foam. Keeping with the stitched theme, I die cut two stitched rectangles - one for the sentiment and one for the frame. I stamped a sentiment on the Glacier piece and added two thin pieces of cardstock as per the sketch. Finally, I added a silver bow and some sparkles around the sentiment. 


Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Charcoal Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock 

Stamps: Budding Peony

Inks: Charcoal, Distress Oxide Inks: Peacock Feather, Speckled Egg, Cracked Pistachio, Black Soot 

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Craft Foam (not CTMH), Silver Ribbon (not CTMH), Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles, Moondust Stickles Glitter Gel, Garden Vines Stencil (Memory Box) 

Enjoy,

Alyson


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that background looks amazing! I (you, too, probably) have so many Stickles, this would definitely be an awesome way to use some up! Pinning! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)