Monday, October 5, 2020

H2H - New to You!

 Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge. 

The theme this week is "New To You", meaning try something that is new. It may not be new to others but as long as it is new to you and you let us know what aspect of your project is new, all is good. 

I am just starting to dabble in some mixed media and gloss sprays are totally new to me. I used three of them for the background of my card - Fuchsia, Ocean and Turquoise. I simply sprayed them on a piece of White Pearl Paper and they blended together to create the background with such interesting patterns.

I used an old pre-cut card base and stamped a sentiment which was layered on a square and then the same die as I used to cut the sentiment but in a larger size. I added some Silver Embellishing Thread and I also die cut a floral border to fit across the bottom. Some white pearls were coloured with Sharpie markers and added to the flowers and around the sentiment. 

Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your "New to You" project.

You have until the end of October to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Pearl Paper, 6x6 Bright Stack, White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, White Daisy Card Base

Stamps: You Brighten My Day

Inks: Lagoon, Intense Black 

Accessories: Gloss Sprays - Fuchsia, Ocean and Turquoise, Stitched Brackets Thin Cuts, Decorative Borders Thin Cuts, Corner Rounder, Silver Embellishing Thread, White Pearls, Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Lagoon Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,

Alyson

3 comments:

  1. Morning, Alyson! Well, welcome to mixed media! You did a very nice job. Are you having any trouble with messiness or not everything neat and straight, etc? That is something I wish I could do but I guess I am too anal-retentive, haha. The best I can do is "artsy". Oh, to be an artistic loose-y goose-y. Have a great day! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I totally want to give this technique a try. It really makes such a cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind is blown. I've used the sprays on white daisy. But on white pearl paper they have such a cool effect! These are my favorite colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)